Even if you just emerged from an isolated mountaintop cabin or awakened from a ten-year nap, MMF has assembled a guide that gives all you need to get caught up with social media, and specifically, using it for missions. The 95-page guide, in PDF format, is a free resource and can be downloaded here.
- Stories and recommendations that help with those details that you usually have to learn from trial and error.
- Power tips that summarize the material in the guide into easy to reference tasks.
- Best ways to use social media like Facebook, Twitter, What’s App, and then how to determine if apps like SlideShare are a good fit for your ministry.
- Examples of missional gaming and how it can be used.
- Arguments for whether or not you should pay to boost your social media reach and engagement.
- Comprehensive coverage of security issues with social media.
The guide was an MMF team effort, led by Keith Williams.
If you want to learn more and network with peers, Keith teaches the new course, Mobiles in Mission: Using the Tool in Everyone’s Pocket. It is a mentored online course offered through Mission Media U. You can find out more and register here.
If you want to dig deeper into strategy, the course, Foundations in Media Strategy, is helping ministry teams identify and learn to develop deep conversations with their mission audience. Get more information and register here.