119 mission strategists representing 56 organizations* participated in the third Mobile Ministry Consultation sponsored by the Mobile Ministry Forum (MMF). This more than doubled the 2011 Consultation participation. Presentations and discussions addressed a wide variety of issues critical to the use of mobile devices in ministry (see the topic list below). Collaborative outcomes of the consultation include plans to expand the four-week course into a six-week course, develop a training manual to equip ministries and local believers to use social media, create a mobile ministry pathway for ministries considering mobile ministry, develop a centralized online hub for all resources related to mobile ministry, design a three-hour introductory online course, and create a taxonomy for discipleship criteria on the mobile platform.
(Some of links are for Google Docs and may require a Google log-in)
Slide Show – A 90-second slide show from the consultation.
Schedule – The detailed program flow.
Notes – The detailed, crowd-sourced notes from each session on Google Docs.
Mobile Ministry Course – The current four-week mobile ministry course (online).
- Jihad: Pull vs. Push Media in Movements (Preston)
- A Theology of Technology (Dyer)
- mLearning and the Great Commission (Metcalf)
- The Illusion of Mobile Security (Ed)
- Preparing for the Post-Mobile World of 2019 (Williams)
- Building the digital tools that empower others and broaden your reach – JESUS Film (Brubaker)
- A Mobile Ministry Methodology (Wright)
- The Unrestricted, Mobile Future of the Global Church (Jore)
- Integrating Digital into the DNA of Your Organization (Barela)
- Implementing SMS Outreach (Roes)
- Mobile Technology and Digital Video (Gates)
- Going Mobile- From Concept to Launch (Short)
- Sharing Beyond the Web and Off the Grid (Brad & Edmiston)
- “The worldwide outreach and impact represented by the people gathered in one place here is phenomenal, and the opportunity to think and work collectively and creatively together was awesome.”
- “This was my first forum, and I was greatly impressed by the quality of the conference. The topics were relevant and helped me know which direction our organization should go using technology in ministry. Plus, I feel that I have the tools now to make that happen.”
- “A very practical and missiologically sound, field-needs-driven, conference where I felt that every talk and every conversation was advancing the Great Commission.”
For More Information contact members of the steering committee:
The Mobile Ministry Forum
* This included 31 participants who joined through interactive, remote access.