(The current course is full. The next course is schedule for September 2017. We may offer the course in April 2017. Sign up to receive notification of upcoming course offerings here.)
The Church has decades of history in traditional media campaigns using a broadcast approach, ‘pushing’ content out to large audiences.
The game has changed with the advent of new media paradigms, especially social media. Social media is the primary way most people on earth engage with media content. It is no longer enough to tell the story you want to tell over traditional media or social media channels, and hope that you will connect with an audience.
We must learn to shape our strategies and our content to ‘pull’ people into conversations. We need to learn how to connect with audiences that filter and search for the stories they want to hear, based on their interests and desires. This requires a radical re-thinking on our part! We need an approach that can foster deeper connections and make “disciples who make disciples” to saturate a culture.
What You’ll Get From This Course
- A foundational overview of a field-driven media strategy philosophy.
- Tools and encouragement to develop an intentional outreach strategy using new media so you and your team are more effective in evangelism.
- Training on how to wrap content around your strategy instead of wrapping strategy around your content in order to best reach your target audience.
- Insights on reaching “least-reached” peoples.
- Connections with expert instructors and like minded peers around the world.